Team working an issue with an SSIS package failing on a new installation of SQL Server.
Not sure why, but basically we had an existing instance on a server. We had capacity to install a second instance on the server. We installed and prepared the new instance, all works great.
We have an administrative DTS Package that pumps data to an excel spreadsheet and emails the data.
Could not get the package to run, received the below error. Note the error in green, this option is set to false, we tried all kinds of items to change it with no luck.
Executed as user: VSQLCRM\SYSTEM. ...ute Package Utility Version 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 10:27:21 AM Error: 2008-05-13 10:28:52.79 Code: 0xC0014019 Source: Tracing_SSIS Description: The connection manager "DestinationConnectionExcel" will not acquire a connection because the package OfflineMode property is TRUE. When the OfflineMode is TRUE, connections cannot be acquired. End Error Error: 2008-05-13 10:28:52.79 Code: 0xC00291EC Source: Drop Baseline Tab Execute SQL Task Description: Failed to acquire connection "DestinationConnectionExcel". Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection. End Error Warning: 2008-05-13 10:28:52.79 Code: 0x80019002 Source: Populate Baseline Tab Description: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED. The Execution method succeeded, but the number of e... Process Exit Code 0. The step succeeded.
Only solution was to uninstall Client components and re-install them.
Not sure why this works, but somehow the installation of the 2nd instance, and applying the associated service pack 2 and CU 6 caused this. It's also possible that the automated push install from Polyserve somehow causes this, though all the Polyserve push is an un-intattended install setup script, so the bug would be with that utility that is run through Polyserve.
Lost 4+ hours worth of work chasing this bug down.